The Highland Parent Council Partnership was officially constituted in November 2015 at the annual Parent Council chair conference where a unanimous vote was cast supporting the formation of an executive made up from the Chairs of all 206 Highland Council Parent Councils.
The Highland Parent Council Partnership primary aims and objectives are:
- to represent the voice for Parent Councils and the wider Parent Forum across Highland
- to constructively and proactively influence policy and the strategic delivery of a world class education
- to work in partnership with the Highland Council and other organisations involved in the education of children (e.g. National Parent Forum of Scotland, Scottish Parent Teacher Council, Education Scotland etc.) to represent Parent Councils and parents in the pursuit of our common aim to help every child be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included.
- to seek to find parental consensus to inform education policy at a local and national level
- to ensure important and relevant information is both communicated from Parent Councils and to Parent Councils and the wider Parent Forums across the Highland Council region
- to provide a representative forum to support and feed into the National Parents Forum of Scotland
Please contact the Highland Parent Council Partnership Chair at: email@example.com
Please contact the Highland Parent Council Partnership Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
HPCP Constitution as approved at the 2018 AGM.